Friday 23 December 2016

Project: Proteus Delta, Part 6

Proteus Delta current state
      After doing some research online, and getting my multimeter out to poke around at things, it turns out that this kind of power supply's outputs are very simple, two sets of three for positive and negative output linked in parallel, with the other three points being the mains input. I've also used the multimeter to fine tune the V-ref or reference voltage to exactly 24 volts, the next image summarises what's what.


Power supply outputs labeled and organized.
     Once that was sorted, I powered up for a brief connection test, just to verify that everything worked properly. After getting a positive result, I started on the last of the fixed parts, the electronics cooling fans. I'm using a pair of 80mm*20mm box fans to keep the Duet 0.8.5 from overheating, they're a bit loud but produce lots of airflow. I'm using this fan grille to help keep some of the wiring out of the fan blades.


8020 fan positions around the Duet 0.8.5
     That's all for this update, next time it's installing the heat-bed, so Happy holidays and see you next time.


Heat-bed partially assembled for testing

No comments: